I'll never forget where I was.
I'll never forget where I was.
Amen.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I was at school (St. Paul Elementary) and we had just gone into the Library (for one of our "class" periods) when the librarian turned the television on and told us all to shut up and watch what was happening. As I watched the footage constantly being replayed and heard the reporters talking about it, I slowly began to understand what had happened but it took me a while to understand the "why" in terms of why someone would do something as vicious as that.
That's pretty much how I found out about it .. I think I was only 12 at the time.
Officially retired
I was at work, stocker at Wise Payless, when it happened. I knew something was up becuse we had no customers for several hours. We also had no TV. I called my buddy, and he told me what happened. The silence in that town, at that particular moment, was surreal.
i was in 9th grade, math class
just turned the tv on and hardly no one said a word
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
I was in class at MECC. Came out of class and saw one of the TVs mounted to the ceiling on CNN or Fox News broadcasting what was happening.
Sat in the student union most of the day with my now wife (we weren't dating at the time) and discussed what had happened with others.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
This brings it all back:
http://attacked911.tripod.com/
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks